Hi again! Long time no see! Yes, I know it has been a few minutes since I made a blog post. These cards were posted on Facebook and those posts brought some questions on how I created them. So I thought I would give some direction in what I did to create them. Thus, getting back into the blogging game.
Thankfully, for you, this card was created with fairly new products and they are still available for purchase. I will do my best to link as many of them as I can.
- Simon Says Stamp Sweet Days stamp set (February 2023 kit)
- Simon Says Stamp Hearts and Stars stencil
- Spellbinders Playful Koalas
- Ohuhu Markers – Browns (for the dark chocolate) WG09, WG4. For the Koala and lighter chocolate, WG70, WG90. Koala nose, WG4. Blue, BO70 and BO80. Green G44o G470. Orange, YR170 and Y4. Red, RV350 and RV320. Yellow, YO70 and YO80. Pink (cheeks, Tummy and Frosting) EO10 and EO30.
- INKS – My Favorite Things Ink in Tropical Teal, Ripe Raspberry, Orange Zest, Simon Says stamp Lucky, and Lawn Fawn Sunflower. Gina K Amalgam ink.
- Gellyroll white gel pen
- Glossy Accents
- Neenah 80# or 110# cardstock
- A4 card base in white. I used Neenah 110#
- MISTI or other stamping platform.
- Paper Trimmer
- Blending brushes or foams
- Die cutting machine
Cut a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of cardstock (or use scraps) and stamp out the Koala, bird, candies, strawberries and doughnuts. Color them then cut the images out. Cut another card front (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). tape the stencil to the card front with a low tack tape (Washi, painters tape, etc.). Blend the color inks in rainbow order. I started in the upper right hand corner with the Ripe Raspberry and worked my way down to the lower left corner with the Tropical Teal. Remove the stencil and clean the stencil with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol.
Trim the panel an 1/8th of an Inch on all sides, to give your card a border when adhered to the card base. Glue to the A4 card base (premade is fine).
Place card in stamping tool and do a dry run with your images to see where you’d like your sentiment to be. Stamp down the sentiment in black ink (Gina K Amalgam).
Arrange the images however you like and glue them down. Add the embellishments (glitter drops) if you’d like and the little gold heart next to the birthday sentiment.
Send it to someone you love!